Ep 4: Wanting More vs. Deserving More
Her First Year: Part 1 of 4 with Mary Grace Phillips
“You have to start big if you’re going to go big.” - Mary Grace Phillips
Mary Grace Phillips, Founder of Be Well Studio, explains how she got sick and tired of telling herself she couldn't afford a $2 coffee or even groceries at times! Budgeting and prioritizing is of course important, especially when you're starting up a new business. But sometimes habits die hard - and we come to realize that "affording" things we want or need isn't always as simple as being in the black or red.
Over the next year we're chronicling the ins and outs & ups and downs of her first year in starting a business from scratch. In part 1, she shares her financial insecurities in starting a business and what it means to make peace with your fears in order to go after what you deserve.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why the tiny details of running a business really matters
- The importance of financial management
- How to take risks and overcome fears
- How confidence plays into starting your own business
- How to not let others project their fears onto you
- How you define personal financial freedom
- Did money come up in the conversation when growing up?
- How did your upbringing shape the way you manage money today?
- What led you to want to open up your own yoga studio?
- Was there something that shifted your mindset around money?
- How would you define a place where you feel more secure?
- What made you decide to be your own boss?
- Do you feel like you have a sales skill set?
- What if I don’t make it?
- What are some of the personal things you wanted for yourself that you got sick and tired of not being able to afford?
To learn more about Mary Grace Phillips and her yoga & pilates studio, visit
- Website: https://www.bewellatl.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bewellatlstudio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bewellatlstudio/
Music by Muciscal_Chef
- Track title: “Motivational Happy”